Thursday, December 17, 2015

Why I love Peppermint Essential Oil


 


There are hundreds of essential oils out there, but if I could pick one that I use the most often, it would be PEPPERMINT.

The health benefits of peppermint oil and uses have been documented back to 1,000 BC and have been found in several Egyptian pyramids. Young Living's peppermint is labeled as a dietary supplement, because it's primary benefit is aiding digestion. You can not only ingest, but also diffuse or use topically. Note: I would never recommend ingesting any essential oils other than Young Living's because of their Seed to Seal Guarantee. Knowing exactly what I put on and in my body is very important to me.

Young Living peppermint oil is so potent and pure that ONE DROP delivers the effectiveness of 26 cups of pure peppermint tea! These oils are potent so a little goes a LONG way!

Caution:  Peppermint is considered a "hot" oil. That means your skin can be sensitive to the oil. You may want to dilute the oil with a carrier oil before applying. A carrier oil is any greasy kind of oil you'd find in your kitchen such as olive oil or coconut oil.  A list of carrier oils can be found in my post on facial moisturizer.  When using on kids, definitely dilute.

Some of MY FAVORITE uses of peppermint oil include:
  • Putting it on my temples or under my nose to energize during that occasional mid-day slump (Essential oils are grease-less, so you cannot see them if you put them on your face)
  • Diffuse a couple drops while working in my office to help with focus
  • Drink a drop in a cup of hot water. This it does WONDERS for my nose (and not to mention digestion)
  • Use after a long day to perk me up for the gym
  • Add it to my homemade "Deep Relief" roll on for happy muscles
  • Use in various personal hygiene products such as homemade peppermint foaming hand soap, lavender mint shampoo and peppermint sugar scrub. (I'll add my recipes soon.)
  • 2-3 drops in a batch of brownies
  • Spray with water around the door jams and windows to keep those spiders out!

Other Primary Benefits:
  • Supports gastrointestinal system comfort.
  • Promotes healthy bowel function.
  • Enhances healthy gut function.
  • Maintains efficiency of the digestive tract.
  • Supports normal digestion.
  • May support performance during exercise.
  • Wakes up your body
  • Helps cool down your body
  • Tightens pores- toner

No comments:

Post a Comment